Traveling with children
Traveling with children under 2 years old
If you are traveling with a child under 2 years all, you are allowed to bring the following on top of your regular baggage, as carry-on:
- 1 diaper bag with maximum weight of 5 kg (11lbs). The diaper bag should be able to fit under the seat in front of you.
- 1 FAA approved car seat OR 1 FAA approved stroller removable seat
- only possible in combination with booked window seat to place child seat on
- not possible on front or back of emergency row, on emergency rows and aisle seats
- please inform travel agent or call center upon making reservations
* AS OF APRIL 1ST CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 CAN ONLY TRAVEL WITH THEIR OWN PASSPORT TO/FROM THE B.E.S. ISLANDS.
Unaccompanied minors (UM) / Young Passenger (YP)
Unaccompanied Minors (UM) age = 6 - 11 years.
Young Passenger (YP) age = 12 -17 years
For Unaccompanied Minors the authorization letter and UM form needs to be completely filled out and handed over at time of reservation (download form here ). Authorization letter with photocopy of passport or ID of the parent/guardian must be handed over at the check-in counter together with the UM form. The authorization letter and UM form duly completed to be presented to immigration.
For a Young Passenger the Authorization letter must be handed over at check in. The parent or guardian must present ID at check in. There is a flat fee for the Young passenger service.
Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR), Young Passenger and Meet And Assist (MAAS) Service Fees:
- Non Transfer Flights: USD $50 per one way
- Transfer Flights: USD $75 per one way
- For interisland flights between Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao: ANG 50 / USD $28 per one way
- For interisland flights between Curaçao and St. Maarten: ANG 50 / USD $28 per one way
- For interisland transfer flights between Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao and St. Maarten : ANG 75 / USD $42 per one way
In case of multiple unaccompanied minors or young passengers in one record locator, a fee of only one Unaccompanied Minor/Young Passenger is applicable.
- Meet and Assist age restriction is for ages between 12-18 years
- All fees can be paid upon check in at the check in counter.
- Unaccompanied minor between 6 – 11 will receive child discount and will be charged 67% of the fare
- Accompanied minor between 2-11 will receive a child discount and will be charged 67% of the fare
- Infant under 2 years without a seat will receive infant discount and will be charged 10% of the fare