InselAir Comfort Class
In effect September 1, 2011
Comfort Class seats
1. Insel Air International B.V. (‘Insel Air’) provides Comfort Class seats as of September 1st , 2011 on all flights on the MD-80 and Fokker 50 aircrafts in the Comfort Class zone located in the Comfort Class cabin. Reserving one of these seats, if available, involves an additional charge.
2. Flying Diamond Insel Starmiles members with a valid Diamond Card can receive a free upgrade to a Comfort Class seat at the Gate according to availability. In all other cases, Comfort Class seats may be reserved at the regular rate. An upgrade to Comfort Class cannot be transferred to a third party.
3. VIP’s can be awarded an upgrade to Comfort Class at the Gate, only if their name is listed by Insel Air Senior Management and if space is available in Comfort Class. When awarded an upgrade VIP will receive an airport business lounge voucher. Paid upgrades are not available at the Gate.
4. A last minute upgrade at the check-in counter does not include extra baggage allowance.
5. Insel Air shall make reasonable efforts to meet your seat allocation request for a Comfort Class seat. However, Insel Air reserves the right to assign or reassign a Comfort Class seat at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft, for operational, safety or security reasons. The final decision resides with the ground staff and the operating crew on the day of the flight.
6. For Comfort Class seats on the MD-80 aircraft and on the Fokker 50 aircraft an additional charge depending on the destination will apply per flight. At Check-in counters an upgrade to Comfort Class, if available, will cost 60 USD.
Requirements and qualifications
6a. In order to utilize a Comfort Class seat, you represent and warrant that you possess the
legal authority to enter into this agreement and subsequently to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement; and
6b. You further represent that all information supplied by you in order to request a certain seat is accurate and that you will not make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservation. You further represent that you will only make reservations for yourself or for another person on whose behalf you are entitled to act and which person also complies with the requirements set out in paragraphs 6a and 6b.
In the event a Comfort Class seat is not provided to you, you are entitled to a refund representing the amount paid for the Comfort Class seat, for that specific part of the journey, only if:
No refund will be made if you do not meet the above-mentioned criteria.
8a. With this service, we offer you a Comfort Class seat in Comfort Class when and if
8b. Privileges in Comfort Class are: extra legroom, front row seating, premium food and
(alcoholic) beverages, a small passenger travel kit for each passenger.
8c. Privileges for Comfort Class while boarding: priority check-in, priority line and bagage, extra baggage allowance and receipt of a business lounge voucher, business lounge access (where available). Other privileges: flexible tickets and 10% extra Insel Starmiles for issued tickets.
8d. Extra Baggage allowance:
- on the MD-80 aircraft to U.S.A. destinations: Carry-on 10 kg (22 lbs) and Check- in 60 kg (102 lbs).
-on the MD-80 aircraft to all South America and Caribbean destinations: Carry on 10 kg (22 lbs) and Check- in 45 kg (99 lbs).
-on the Fokker 50 aircraft to all destinations: Carry-on 10 kg (22 lbs) and Check-in 30 kg (66 lbs).
-Odd size baggage: free transportation of one golf bag.
8e. When flying within different aircrafts than the MD-80 series on one Comfort Class ticket, the MD-80 baggage allowance is applied to all aircrafts.
8f. A last minute upgrade at the check-in counter does not include extra baggage allowance.
8g. Change or cancellations on tickets are allowed before departure (at the latest 24 hours before departure) and after departure for which 25 USD will be charged. The charges of 25 USD can only be waived in case of death of a passenger or a family member.
8h. Children under 12 years old are not allowed in Comfort Class.
8i. Disabled people will be seated behind the Comfort Class.
8j. Comfort Class is not available for flights shorter than 45 minutes.
8k. When flying Comfort Class over several stretches, where one is shorter than 45 minutes, the Comfort Class service will apply only for the longer stretch.
Insel Air is entitled to amend these terms and conditions.
10. Applicable Law
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted and implemented in accordance with the laws of Curacao.
Any disputes that may arise shall be submitted to the competent courts in Curacao.
12. Copy terms and conditions
A copy of these terms and conditions are filed at the Court Registry of the Court of First Instance in Curacao for inspection. A copy will also be available to download from the Insel Air website (www.fly-inselair.com) or can be offered free of charge upon request.
The Conditions of Carriage of Insel Air are also applicable for Comfort Class and are available for download from the Insel Air website. A copy of the Conditions of Carriage are also filed at the Court Registry of the Court of First Instance in Curacao.