Traveling with animals
Traveling with pets to St. Maarten?
Please review additional information here
For more information please contact:
The Ministery of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic and Telecommunication
For all animals the following applies
To find out which animals are allowed and/or prohibited, which documents are required and which rules apply to transport your animal, we recommend consulting the embassies of the country of departure and the country of destination. Respectively, Inselair shall not be liable for any expenses arising from an animal that is denied carriage. InselAir assumes no responsibility for animals denied entry, quarantined, or euthanized due to denial of entry by government officials. Notification of animal transport must be made and accepted by InselAir's Customer Service Department at the time of reservation. Final acceptance of the animal is to the sole discretion of the check-in personnel, crew and ultimately the Captain of the aircraft whose judgment is final. Entry of animals, including service animals into any country is the full responsibility of the passenger. We advise you to book your flight and plan the transportation of animals ahead of time since space on aircraft is limited. It is not allowed to import animals from South America in to Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Maarten and Curacao. Insel Air is not liable for any extra cost arising from animal being denied entry.
Transportation of animals in baggage hold
All animals except for special service animals are required to be kept in an approved kennel that provides for the animal's well being and safety and security of the other passengers and ground personnel.
Allowed measurements kennels/crates (Fokker 50)
- Small (A) kennel/crate (IATA type 100 ): L 53 cm x W 41 cm x H 38 cm
- Medium (B) kennel/crate (IATA type 200): L 71 cm x W 51 cm x H 54 cm
- Intermediate (C) kennel/crate (IATA type 300): L 81 cm x W 57 cm x H 61 cm
- Cabin kennel (G) (IATA cabin): L 43 cm x W 31 cm x H 21 cm
Transportation of animals in cabin
Kennel/crate must fit completely underneath the seat in front of the passenger’s assigned seat to the satisfaction of the cabin crew whose judgment is final.
Special service animals
Special service animals are accepted as long as all of the following conditions are met:
- Notification of the service animal must be made to InselAir at the time of reservation or 72 hours before scheduled departure
- The passenger provides, upon request, a certified medical statement outlining the medical requirements for the service animal
Pet in cabin, per leg:
- To/from Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao & St. Maarten (max 6 kg, 43x31x21cm): ANG 40
- To/from other InselAir destinations (max 6 kg, 50x30x20cm): USD $40
Pet in baggage hold, per leg:
- To/from Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao & St. Maarten (max 45kg, incl. kennel): ANG 75
- To/from other InselAir destinations (max 45kg, incl. kennel): USD $100
Optional service charges, baggage regulations and general conditions on flights operated by InselAir Interline Partners may differ from InselAir standard charges and regulations. For more information, contact your travel agent or our Customer Service Department firstname.lastname@example.org